Sunday, October 15, 2017

Day 39 Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC

On day 39 of the walk (Oct. 4, 2017) I added 11.1 km, bringing the total distance over the 39 days of the walk to 258.7 km.  On the virtual tour walk, this took me to the end of the beautiful loop walk around Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC. In terms of the real walk, instead of my usual loops around the James Bay region of Victoria, BC, I walked through downtown and across the Johnson St. bridge to Victoria West.  There I picked up the trail along the harbour, taking it all the way to the houseboat community at the end of the trail in Esquimalt.  I had read that the views were spectacular from this side, better than the more popular inner harbour walk in James Bay.  I had been sceptical, but after doing the walk I agree.  Incredible walk especially in the last part!  I will later add some photos to this posting. So on Oct. 4 both my real walk and my virtual walk were on incredibly beautiful harbour trails, one in Victoria region and the other in Vancouver region!



No comments:

Post a Comment