Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Day 3 Langford, BC

Today I've added 7.4 km, bringing the total to 26.0 km. I am in the region of Langford, BC (virtually that is!).  A warm but nice day for a walk in James Bay, with some bigger than normal waves on the outer harbour.
The region I am in today near the city of Langford, BC. The  green line shows The Great Trail.

In my walk in James Bay today I walked by The Glenshiel, an independent living facility for seniors run as a non-profit organization.  Recently I have learned about an amazing program where some of the residents have paddles with messages to cheer people who walk by.  Today I got to wave to one of the residents with her paddle.  If you are walking in the area, please do the same and spread the message. There is an article in the James Bay Beacon about to come out any day on the program (Win-Win Window!).  Give it a read!

Day 3 I walked 7.4 km which took me from a starting point in View Royal to near Langford, BC. Total distance travelled so far 26.0 km. 

No comments:

Post a Comment